Wednesday 11 June 2008

Mostar



When we reached Dubrovnik, Croatia we decided to rest our legs for a few days, and take a day trip to Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Old town was very cute and much excitement revolved around the old bridge (both of which are really not that old as they have been rebuilt following the recent war). Anyway, for those of you who have heard of this place you are probably aware of the local men who will dive from the bridge, provided they collect enough euros from eager tourists. I was quite impressed with the diving, however more impressed with the shear amounts of money that these guys must pull in every season.



Another excitement for me was that a new country meant a new style of coffee to try. I must admit I look quite stunned in this photo as I had just been presented my tray of Bosnian Coffee. This one was OK, but it was even better when I had another one a few hours later and the waitress was able to explain the assembly procedure in English.

No comments: