Sunday 25 May 2008

Croatian villages are cool

As a backpacker, travel in Croatia seems to centre on little more than sailing tours around Split and Dubrovnik and so I had it in my head that these were the only places to go. However, having just cycled north from Split for the best part of a week I have been blown away by all the of the coastal villages and towns we've stayed in or visited. They all seem to have so much history and the waterfronts are simply stunning (and unsurprisingly full of yachts available for charter).


The above photo is the waterfront at Trogir - Vanessa says that's the sort of boat I'm meant to buy for her.


And here we have Primosten, where we dropped in for lunch. The place was absolutely spotless and with all the white stone, they look beautiful in the sunshine

Did I mention, we're loving Croatia??

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I also loved Croatia when I was there. We stayed in Bol on the island of Brac and met some amazing locals. Our hostel owner gave us a bottle of peach schnapps.